Are you ready for the African Adventure of a Lifetime?
Africa is the most exciting and wondrous continent on the planet, with absurdly beautiful sunsets, harsh, sticky heat, iridescent colours and mesmerising animals…
“Africa changes you forever, like nowhere on Earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same.
But how do you begin to describe its magic to someone who has never felt it? How can you explain the fascination of this vast, dusty continent, whose oldest roads are elephant paths?” Brian Jackman
If you have not yet been to Africa, you have so much to look forward to… and if you have visited this incredible continent then we know there’s no stopping you from returning…
This newsletter looks at some of the highlights you might enjoy with John Stevens Guided Safaris Africa in some of our favourite safari destinations.
South Africa is a wonderful safari destination in itself – or Cape Town provides the perfect extension on a Zimbabwean or other African safari.
• Indulge in a wine tasting tour in the Cape wine lands
• Watch for whales in False Bay
• Visit the famous African penguins at Boulders Beach
• Explore Cape Town's bustling art and culinary scenes
• Take a Xhosa cultural tour
• Face your fears on a great white shark diving tour
• Ride up the slopes of the iconic Table Mountain in a rotating cable car
• Walk around the spectacular Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
Botswana offers a range of diversity you won’t believe… from desert to delta, the choice is yours.
• Get up close and personal with meerkats
• Drift on a mokoro on the waters of the Okavango Delta
• Meet the many elephants of the Chobe River
• Walk with Zu/’hoasi Bushmen Trackers
• Ride a quad bike across the never-ending Makgadikgadi Pans
• Take a walking safari through the renowned Linyanti Wildlife Reserve
Visit one of the last truly wild places on the planet, see one of the world’s wonders and catch a tiger in the gem that is Zimbabwe
• Explore Hwange National Park on foot
• Soar over one of the seven natural wonders of the world, Victoria Falls
• Spend time volunteering for a rhino conservation project
• Discover the history of Matobo Hills as you explore these giant granite domes
• Float in luxury on Lake Kariba and fish for tiger
• Track lion and spend time observing wild dogs in Mana Pools
• Capture the soul of Africa on a specialised photographic safari
• Observe hundreds of species of birds—many of which are endemic to Zimbabwe
• Meet the elephants of the Zambezi Valley and learn about anti-poaching/conservation efforts here
For many, Kenya is the go-to destination for safaris – and with good reason.
• Enjoy an interactive bush walk with the Samburu people
• Photograph the flamingos of Lake Nakuru
• Explore the breathtaking Maasai Mara on horseback
• Visit orphaned elephants at Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage
• Soar above the Maasai Mara plains via hot air balloon and witness the Great Migration
• Visit the Sarara Singing Wells to witness Samburu warriors singing
• Take a unique safari on camelback
• Witness the rare white rhino in Laikipia on a walking safari
• Photograph Mount Kilimanjaro from the majestic Amboseli National Park
• Witness hundreds of bird species on a hike through Murchison Falls.
• Track the elusive tree-climbing lions of Ishasha
• Venture through the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest on a gorilla safari
• Tour Kaweri Coffee Plantation for a taste of authentic Uganda coffee
• Hike through volcanic craters in Queen Elizabeth National Park
• Witness over 70 large mammal species in Murchison Falls
• Observe the rare shoe billed stork in Queen Elizabeth National Park
Are you tempted to put
on your safari hat?
If we have tempted you with an African Adventure, that’s great! If one or more of these experiences tempt you, please contact us and we will help you create the ultimate safari, seamlessly smooth and stress free - a combination of the perfect experience, location, guides and camp. You can combine countries, too, to up the interest levels – Uganda and Kenya, for instance, or Zimbabwe and Botswana. We also put together safaris in Malawi, Zambia, Mocambique, Namibia, Tanzania, Rwanda and Ethiopia.
“There’s no better time than now! 2016 is a busy year and we are planning trips for 2017 already. The most popular destinations and camps get booked out quickly, so the sooner you get in touch, the better. We look forward to hearing from you – please share this newsletter with friends, if you think they, too, may like a little adventure in their lives!”
Best wishes from John, Nicci, Sarah and Laura
Images by John Stevens, Chris Fallows and Wilderness Safaris